June Prayer Bulletin
But in your great mercy you did not put an end to them or abandon them, for you are a gracious and merciful God. Nehemiah 9:31
Last week the government announced measures to alleviate some of the rising cost of living. While this is a welcome announcement, there will still be many who are struggling to afford the basic costs of living and 'an estimated 2.6 million children in the UK live in households that missed meals or struggled to access healthy food during April, according to data from the Food Foundation charity.'* Please join us in praying for those who are affected by these rising costs and especially families who are delving deeper into poverty and are unable to feed or clothe their children adequately. We're thankful that we're able to resource churches to step in to some of these crisis situations, but we're also aware that much needs to change to enable these families to lift themselves out of poverty. While the news speaks of hardship, we continue to aim to alleviate some of this through our work, and that is why this month we're very thankful to God for:
- A fantastic supporter event, Giving Hope Together, which was attended by over 100 supporters. It was a brilliant celebration of the impact Acts 435 has on individuals in need, and also on the churches and charities we partner with.
- A continued relationship with some key partner organisations, such as the St Vincent de Paul Society and the Salvation Army. Please do pray for fruit to come from presentations and conversations.
- The 612 individuals and families who have been helped in May by Acts 435 Advocates and donors with £72,925 distributed to those who need it most.
Please also pray for:
- Those of the Acts 435 team, and some of our local advocates, who are attending some of the Christians Against Poverty (CAP) United conferences to spread the word about partnering with us.
- An opportunity to speak to a network of churches and charities in Lincoln, a region where we currently have no partners. Pray that this opportunity is fruitful in being able to resource them in their work as they reach out to those in need.
- The communications team as they continue to put together resources for churches to share with their congregations in July.
- The whole team as the launch of our new website gets closer. Please pray that the team are able to get to grips with the new systems, and add on all the content, in time for the launch.
- The team as they look to have a retreat day together on 16th June.