September Prayer Bulletin 2021
He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. Matthew 5:45
This morning I took my children back to school, which we were all very excited about. As a family we're often ready to get back into the normal routine that is provided by weekdays and school runs. As all children go back to school this week there will be a lot of relief for those parents on a low income whose children will now be provided with a free school meal, as well as being given new and exciting opportunities at school. Please do lift these families up in prayer as they head into this new school year. As a charity we were thankful to be able to help 96 struggling families to provide school uniform for their children this academic year.
435 we are all ready to start this new academic year with enthusiasm, and are already looking forward to our autumn and Christmas events. We're delighted to introduce you to our new Administrative Assistant, Bekah, who will be looking after the requests on our website, our 'thank you' messages received from local Advocates, as well as a variety of other tasks.
We're firstly thankful to God for:
- Our donors who helped to donate nearly £12,000 to our school uniform appeal, which gave 96 families the ability to buy their children the correct school uniform and equipment.
- Becka, our new Administrative Assistant who joined the team last week. Please pray she settles into the team well, and enjoys learning the role.
- Six new Advocates based in Community Groceries around the UK. We're excited to help them get started in serving their communities through Acts 435.
- A connection made with the Afghan Welcome project to help those seeking refuge from Afghanistan. Please pray that we can find a way to be part of the process of directly helping refugees who are in need of specific help.
- The 653individuals and families who have been helped by Acts 435 Advocates and donors with£80,105 distributed in August, which is a fantastic total during what is often one of our quieter months of the year.
Please pray for:
- Emily, our Administrative Assistant, who is going to start a new academic year at university. Please pray that her course will go well, and that she will be able to do the travelling that she was intending to.
- Our new proposal for churches to get involved with our work by becoming Donor Churches. Please pray that as we launch this idea it will be well received, and we will have a good uptake from churches wanting to support us.
- The ongoing development of our new website. Please especially pray for the developers to be able to effectively and efficiently prioritise the outstanding work.
- The potential of more 'in-person' events throughout the autumn, and into next year. Please specifically pray for God to give us the opportunities to be involved in some external events.