August Prayer Bulletin
Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.
The summer holidays are here, which is often a quieter time for us as a staff team. However, this year is slightly more unusual as we continue to address some teething problems with the new website. We would appreciate your continued prayer for the functionality of our website, and particularly for the payment processing. We're very thankful that our donors have been gracious and have been continuing to give despite any issues they are encountering.
The summer holidays are often an anxious time for families, and we have had several requests for food, and also activities over the summer as many families continue to feel effects of the cost of living crisis. Please do pray for all families in this position, and that they would be able to seek the help they need over the next few weeks.
We would also ask for prayer for our School Uniform Appeal, which was launched this week on social media. Please pray for generous donors to meet the needs of families in this way, which lifts a burden from parents and gives hope and confidence to children for the new school year.
Firstly this month we are very thankful to God for:
- Our donors who are continuing to give through the new website, even if they are encountering some issues.
- Our local advocates who are continuing to post requests, and give us feedback.
- Some opportunities to attend events with some of our key partners. You can see more about our key partners on our website.
- A very well attended coffee zoom, which is intended for those new to Acts 435. We had 10 churches represented there. Please pray that they sign up to partner with us.
- The 575 individuals and families who have been helped in July by Acts 435 advocates and donors with £68,510 distributed to those who need it most.
Please join us in praying for:
- Our Communications Administrator, Becka, who left us at the end of July to pursue a career in teaching. Please pray for her as she begins this new chapter.
- The well-being of the team as we shift responsibilities in the absence of a Communications Administrator, as well as continuing to respond to the developments of the website. Please also pray for rest as some of us take annual leave.
- Grant funding that we are currently applying for to cover our running costs, which would enable us to direct more gift aid receipts towards requests for help.
- The website as we continue to navigate the issues brought about by its launch. Please pray that God makes the way forward very clear, and that we can find quick resolutions.